Enclosed please find a copy of the Carbon County Fairgrounds Barn Contract and Housing Application. There have been some changes so please read carefully. The market animals will be housed in the Goat barn on the East end of the Fairgrounds. The water will not be available until May. Your pigs will have to be moved up to the Pig Barn by July 9, 2022.
Both forms must be returned to the Carbon County Fair Office before March 1, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. Turning in an application does not guarantee you will be allowed to keep your animals at the fairgrounds. The Fairboard will make their final decision at their meeting on March 8, 2022. There will be a meeting at 5:00 p.m. on March 8, 2022, with Exhibitors and the Fair Board to discuss plans, and address any issues.
Please mail application and contract back to:
Carbon County Fair Office
PO Box 1414
Rawlins, WY 82301-1414
If you have any questions, please send an email or call the above number, and leave a message. You may also call Justin Ready at 307-320-7513, or Bobbie Herman at 307-703-0293.
Carbon County Fair Admin
Barn Rental Policies
The Carbon County Fair Board reserves the right to choose who will be allowed to house animals at the Carbon County Fairgrounds. The Carbon County Fair Board, Fair Office Personnel, or Caretaker, will not be responsible for any injury or death of your animal housed at the fairgrounds.
- Rent for the Goat barn stalls will be $50 per pen (4’x6’ pen)/ per member/ per 2 animals of the same species + $100 cleaning deposit. All animals must be tagged a 4-H or FFA project. The rent is payable to the Carbon County Fair Board, before moving a pig into the facility!Rent for the Goat barn stalls will be $50 per pen (4’x6’ pen)/ per member/ per 2 animals of the same species + $100 cleaning deposit. All animals must be tagged a 4-H or FFA project. The rent is payable to the Carbon County Fair Board, before moving a pig into the facility!
- No more than two (2) pigs per pen and they must be tagged a 4-H or FFA project.
- Barns will be checked twice a week. You will be contacted if pens are found in unacceptable conditions. Pens must be spot cleaned daily. Full cleaning of your pen(s) needs to be done once a week. If pens are found in unacceptable condition, you will be given a verbal or written warning. After two (2) warnings, you will be required to remove all animals from the facility, with no refund of payment.
Unacceptable conditions include (but are not limited to):
• Excessive waste in pens
• Excessive wet bedding
• Pigs themselves dirty
• Water dirty or empty more than twice.
- Animals must be properly cared for. Water MUST be available at all times. Any animals that appear malnourished and/or are found without water will be reported to animal control. Proper weight must be maintained!
- All youth housing animals in the barn must attend a mandatory organizational meeting held prior to housing animals. The organizational meeting will be held March 12, 2019, at 5:00 pm at the fair office. Failure to attend this meeting will nullify your application and you will not be allowed to keep animals on the grounds.
- Members are required to keep feed in a lockable, rodent proof container.
- Each member is responsible for hauling off their own trash, (feed bags, twine, water and pop bottles, cups, etc.) in a timely manner. DO NOT STACK trash in the alley or in empty pens. Your trash needs to be thrown in the dumpster by the concession stand. Please haul off your animal’s manure; if you are unable to do this, please dump in area specified by caretaker. KEEP YOUR FEED SACKS PICKED UP!!!!
- Water for the animals will have to be in buckets until the water is turned on.
- The Fair Board, Office Secretary, Caretaker or the Extension Office Staff are not responsible for any missing item(s) left on the grounds. If it can be stolen, it is better to bring it with you each day!
- Stall cards are to be on pens at all times with current information. Stall cards are available at the fair office. You may not move from your assigned pen without notifying the fair office or a Fair Board Member.
- If rules are not followed, the member will be required by the Fair Board, to remove all animals from the facility.
- The barn is only available to Carbon County 4-H and FFA members.
- If any animal is showing health issues as designated by the Fair Board, or a Fair Board designee (caretaker or admin), you shall be required to have a Carbon County Veterinarian inspect the animal and you will need to provide a verification of treatment signed by the Carbon County Veterinarian.
- The Carbon County Fair Board, Fair Office Personal, Caretaker, will not be responsible for any injury or death of your animal housed at the fairgrounds. KEEP THE DOORS SHUT!!
- If the number of animals you plan to house on the fairgrounds change you need to notify the Fair Board or Office Secretary.
- Please exercise your animals on the dirt area East or North of the barn, not on the lawn.
- A copy of Point of Origin for each animal will be required with this contract.
- Pigs must be moved from Goat Barn up to the Pig Barn by July 15 to allow the Goat Barn to be cleaned and dried out prior to the fair starting.